Crowns & Bridges
Living with damaged or missing teeth has a dramatic impact on your oral health, confidence, and ability to enjoy simple actions like eating your favourite foods or interacting with others.
But high-quality restorations like crowns and bridges at Alta Dental Studio address problems like cracked or worn teeth and allow us to return your smile to full health, beauty, and function. Dr. Jason Liu and Dr. Albert Cheung work with you to understand your goals and create a treatment plan that fits your unique needs.
Why You Might Need a Dental Crown
A crown fits over a compromised tooth like a cap to restore its health, appearance, and function. There are many reasons why we might recommend a crown:
- A cavity is too large to be repaired with a filling
- A cracked, worn, or weakened tooth needs to be strengthened
- You had root canal treatment and need a crown to protect the tooth
- You have a badly discoloured or poorly shaped tooth, and you want to improve your smile
We offer restorations in several materials; E-max and zirconia are strong, durable, and aesthetically pleasing; porcelain-fused-to-metal and gold crowns both offer exceptional strength for teeth like molars that withstand a lot of chewing force. Our doctors will explain the benefits of each and help you choose the most appropriate one for your needs.
How We Place Dental Crowns
Placing a new dental crown is a five-step process:
- We reshape your tooth, so the crown fits properly
- We take impressions of the tooth that are used to create a model
- We place a temporary to protect the tooth until your final crown is ready
- A custom lab uses our specifications to customize your new crown
- In about two weeks you return to our office to have your new restoration adjusted for fit and cemented in place.
Dental Bridges Replace Missing Teeth
Missing teeth are annoying, embarrassing and take a toll on your self-confidence. However, at Alta Dental, we offer several options that correct the esthetic problem and restore proper function.
Most dental bridges consist of an artificial tooth (pontic) supported on either side by dental crowns that attach to adjacent teeth. In some cases, our doctors may recommend a dental implant to stabilize the bridge for extra support.
If a missing tooth isn't replaced as soon as possible, your biggest problem isn't the gap in your smile. Simple actions like chewing comfortably and speaking properly become a challenge and make you feel self-conscious.
A dental bridge restores your smile and allows you to chew and speak with ease again. Since the bridge sits in the open space, it helps prevent surrounding teeth from shifting out of position and minimizes the risk of tooth misalignments.
Comfortable, Personalized Care
At Alta Dental, our goal is to provide you with the services you need to enjoy optimal oral health. If you have a damaged or missing tooth, please call our Vancouver dental practice to arrange a consultation. Dr. Liu and Dr. Cheung will listen to your concerns and then work with you to deliver a final result that exceeds your expectations.