Dental implants are an excellent solution if you want to replace missing teeth. We recommend implants at Alta Dental Studio because they are the healthiest, longest-lasting solution for tooth loss.
We use dental implants to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or to provide support for a full or partial denture. Dr. Jason Liu surgically places the implant post in your upper or lower jawbone to replace the root of one or more missing teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
There are several reasons why we recommend dental implants:
- They provide support and stability for restorations like crowns, bridges, and full and partial dentures.
- They feel more like natural teeth than bridges or dentures
- Dentures supported by implants are more stable than removable prosthetics
- They prevent deterioration of your jawbone in the location of the missing tooth
- Since they can last a lifetime with proper care, they are a better long-term value than bridges or dentures.
Why Do I Need to Replace Missing Teeth?
A large gap in your smile looks unattractive, but tooth loss also leads to other problems:
- Missing teeth affect your speech and make it hard to chew
- Neighbouring teeth start to drift out of proper alignment
- Bone loss occurs around the missing tooth and causes surrounding teeth to loosen
- Loss of bone causes your face to sag and make you look older than your years
How Does the Implant Process Work?
If Dr. Jason Liu determines that a dental implant is the best solution for you, there are several steps involved:
- We use 3-D cone beam imaging to plan the precise placement of your implant
- Dr. Liu places the implant in your jaw during a procedure at our office
- The implant is left to heal over several months until it integrates with your jawbone
- After healing, we attach a crown, bridge, or denture to restore function and appearance
What Is Platelet Rich Plasma?
At Alta Dental Studio, we stay on the leading edge of dental technology and techniques to bring you the highest standard of care available. To facilitate healing and lower your risk of infection, Dr. Liu uses Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), a byproduct of blood that is exceptionally rich in platelets.
He spreads PRP on the wound after the procedure which seals it from infection, promotes faster tissue regeneration, and lowers the risk of problems with healing. The PRP is harvested from your blood supply, and the amount needed can be collected during a routine outpatient procedure at our office.
How Do I Know if Implants Are Right for Me?
Most people who deal with tooth loss are good candidates for dental implants. In some cases, though, Dr. Liu may need to perform a grafting procedure to build up bone in your jaw so he can place the implant.
You probably have many more questions, and the best place to start is by calling us to arrange a consultation. At that time, Dr. Liu will be happy to discuss dental implants and how they can restore the health, beauty, and function of your smile.
Please call our Vancouver dental office at (604) 876-5032, and a member of our team will help you arrange an appointment.