Is your smile marred by the appearance of crooked or crowded teeth? Would you like a solution but don’t want to spend years in traditional metal braces?
If you have given up hope of ever having the straight smile you want, we would like to tell you about Invisalign, a short-term orthodontic treatment designed with your busy lifestyle in mind. Invisalign is perfect for adults and teens who have mild to moderate misalignment issues.
What Is Invisalign?
Instead of metal brackets attached to your teeth, Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses comfortable plastic aligners to move your teeth into the desired position. The crystal-clear aligners fit over your teeth like a mouth guard, and you can remove them for meals and oral hygiene.
How Does Invisalign Work?
The first step is to meet with Dr. Jason Liu at our office to see if Invisalign is the right treatment choice for you.
Next, we take digital x-rays and share the images with Invisalign software that allows us to create a virtual model of your teeth. Our doctors use the model to plan the movement of your teeth throughout treatment. We send the details to an Invisalign lab that customizes your aligners just for you.
What Is Invisalign Treatment Like?
In a few weeks, we’ll have you return to our Vancouver dental office to give you a series of Invisalign aligners and provide instructions for wearing them.
- Wear each set of aligners for at least 22 hours a day for about two weeks then switch to the next set in the series.
- Each set of aligners is designed to move your teeth into the desired position sequentially.
- Remove the aligners for meals and to brush and floss.
That’s all there is to it! Our dentists will see you every six weeks or so to check in with you and make sure treatment is progressing as planned. Everyone starts with unique needs, but many of our patients see desired results in as little as 12 to 15 months. If you have more complex alignment problems, treatment may take a little longer.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing Invisalign?
Our adult patients love Invisalign aligners because they do away with many of the inconveniences of metal braces:
- The aligners are comfortable to wear and won’t poke sensitive tissues in your mouth as metal braces can.
- The aligners are removable, so you can continue to enjoy all your favourite foods.
- Brushing and flossing are easy when you don’t have to clean around brackets and wires.
- Since the aligners are crystal clear, most people won’t notice that you’re wearing them.
- Treatment times are generally shorter than they are with metal braces.
Please Call Us to Arrange a Consultation
At Alta Dental Studio, we have helped many of our patients enjoy a healthier, more attractive smile with Invisalign. If you would like to see if it’s the right choice for you, please call our Vancouver dental office to arrange a consultation with one of our doctors.